Cookies are small text strings the websites visited by a user send to its terminal usually the browser), where they are memorized to be eventually forwarded to the same websites when the user will visit the website again. Cookies are memorized based on the user's preferences by the single browser on a specific device used (computer, tablet, smartphone).
Types of cookies
Based on their characteristics and use, cookies can be distinguished in a number of categories:
These cookies are vital to manage the log-in and the access to the website's reserved functions, usually for the updaying of pages by web editors. The duration of these cookies is strictly limited to the working session (they are deleted once the browser is closed). Their deactivation jeopardizes the use of services accessible from the log-in. The websites' public section will remain accessible.
Technical cookies of analysis and performances)
These cookies are used to collect and analyze the traffic and the anonymous use of the website. These cookies, even without identifying the user, allow for instance to detect whether the user returns on the website at different times. They also allow the monitoring of the system and help improve its performances and usability. Some of the website's pages www.hotelstella.net can memorize the user's preferences regarding the font size and the preferred view mode (graphics, high or textual contrast) in order to access contents. Said cookies can be deactivated with no loss of functionality.
These are permanent cookies used to identify (anonymously and not) the users' preferences and enhance their browsing experience.
Duration of cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed or when users log out. Other cookies "survive" the browser's closure and remain available even during the following visits of the user. These cookies are named persistent and their duration is established by the server at the time of their creation. Browsing through the website's pages www.hotelstella.net, users can interact with the websites of third parties which may create or modify persistent or profiling cookies. The temporary storage of a single cookie can be viewed in the table "cookie list".
Management of cookies
Users cna decide whether they accept or reject cookies using their browser's settings. The ttoal or partial deactivation of cookies might affect the use of the website's functionalities, but it will not prevent the browsing. The set-up can be defined specifically for every website and web-based app. Here are the web resources illustrating how to proceed for each of the main browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari.
- MR_dsm, tecnico (type), It hides the MR PRENO engagement layer in the website (description), until the end of the navigation session (length).
- MR_pgvm, tecnico (type), Views counter of MR PRENO engagement layer in the website website (description), until the end of the navigation session (length).
- MR_pgvnom, tecnico (type), Counter of missed views of MR PRENO engagement layer in the website (description), until the end of the navigation session (length).
- CollectState, tecnico (type), It keeps track of the calls made to MR PRENO servers and the page's loading statuses (description), 24 hours (length).
- _MRU, analitico (type), Navigator's unique identifier (description), 2 years (length).
- PHPSESSID, tecnico (type), Navigation session identifier (description), until the end of the navigation session (length).
List of third parties' profiling cookies
Google AdWords (Google Ireland)
DoubleClick (Google Ireland)